Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Method to my madness


02/05

I aint the greatest football fanatic, but what the officiating team done to Seahawks was uncanny. I realized today was my firt day of my football life. Superbowl resuscitated vigor in me that was never a manifest. As result of the officiating, I will forever dislike the steelers; nevermind that Jerome's career ended in pseudo-fairytale.
The real story, I picked the steelers, and even did almost bet on them. I was not alone in this, it seemed the entire football family picked the steelers too; including the officials. Seahawks having to put the first score on the board merely guarunteed none other than an exciting/close game. It was just matter time till the steelers caught up with them and won the Lombardi, we all fancied. But we also fancied that it would be done without the help of the officials, atleast I did; being the objective person that I am. Adversely no, seahawks were robbed under the broad lights of Ford field. and then something in me invoked sudden change of heart. I actually switched sides............what?
The real question, is there a method to my madness or was is it benign disposition to subconsciously contest the unjust officiating ?


02/08

The real story, I had watched a full hour of Oprah today. Usually, it would be a quick glimpse on my way to other channels. She was hosting Faith Hill and her husband.Usually, the slightest suggestion of anything that is country would send me parading to the tv to change the channel. But there I was sitting on my futon, least bothered, exposed to all that rubbish. Never did I know, that I'll take some liking to country and spend next hour watching to CMT. My only excuse, I was overcome with inabilty to flip the channel. Needless to say, I have recovered since then.
The real question, is there a method to my madness or was it mere tiresomeness that prevented me from flipping the channel ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home