Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Purple State Of Mind


As I laid my head on the barjin
and rummaged through my mind's abyss for stanza
and struggle to find diction
Word to my inner-child
Respect all, fear none, my pride is everything
Living my life like everyday's my last night
ball till I fall and re-unite with the earth
six feet under the Ngoragora valley
with lions paying homage

Never blew circles, but the state of my mind is purple

Its ugly nationLife is like a jungle black
it's like the dark heart joseph conrad spoke of
Matter of fact, it's harder than most fancy it to be
Yet we wake up to it everyday hoping it would all change for the better
dont get it twisted
I dont abhor optimism
its just that we were promised a consequential world
and we shall forever be shackled to our deeds

Never blew circles, but the state of my mind is purple.......




-Che Cirro

Big ups to Nasir Jones.One of the greatest products of black america.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home