Saturday, January 06, 2007

Disarming Xamar

Just about everyone that was directly involved in Somali politics until '00 would qualify as "warlord",though of varying degree.This is not to justify President Yussuf's deeds,neither could I dispute that he was a warlord nor would I want to defend his record.It is beside the point.Debating warlordism becomes irrelevant considering that warlords had been the only "legitimate" power-brokers in Somalia,or the entire continent for that matter.
Xamar,disarming it isnt easy.My understading is that they(TFG + ET) are only after heavy weaponry and what ever rifles that they come across. It would probably be wise employ the same tact as the UIC.In doing so they must not aggravate the sensitivity of reer Xamar.Caution coupled with force is the key here.Attain similar results as the UIC and sustain it indefinately , for that governance is necessity

-Che


They've kicked me out of Somaliaonline yet one more time, it escapes me why they scapegoat me for I only express my opinions,seldom express sentiments.This was to rebut one of the brothers thread.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very profound and yet a simple task that will probably not be heeded but meanwhile one can only hope that such entities in question take note of the past during their procession into Somalia.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home