Thursday, May 18, 2006

OBLIVIOUS


Had I known I would never be able to go back to Xaawo Taako
I would have pled with mr. H to excuse mr. D and vice versa
Had I known of the fate that awaited us all
I would have pilgrimaged us all to safe haven
Had I known AK-47 would set havoc in my birthland
I would have assasinated mr. Kalashnikov at birth
Had I known our women would be widowed
I would have killed their gun-totting hubbies prematurely
Had I known we would be stripped-off our nationhood
I would have aborted these fools from the wombs of motherhood
Had I known they would rumble Somalia into rubble
I would have told my fore-fathers not to adorn Her well
had I known remittance would the only chance to living
I would have re-admitted my whole nation into the psychiatric ward
Had I known there would no peace to ease my pain
I would have introduced herbs into my veins
Had I known Falls Church(virginia) would home me in permanence
I would have taken fall from buurta Daallo in my homeland
In my home country
when it rains, it pours down bullets.

I am not the best journaler when it comes to documenting thoughts. It usually starts off with slow,passive tempo and ends with sudden head-rush.The above piece is a product of such process.I have not faintest idea how it started, but the recent events in Xamar presented perfect opportunity to proceed along.I might choose to add few other bars as events develop and yet war lay ruins in our land.
It seems as if your mind awaits for the most inconvenient time to unleash few wise words,if any at all; as my body readied for sleep, my mind pondered and decided to spit the last portion of the above piece.

-Che Cirro

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frighteningly true words, if only we could turn back the clock. Nice piece Che. I liked it a lot.

12:30 PM  
Blogger q said...

interesting blog, throughly enjoyed reading your poems.


neatstuff!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

Very emotive piece. Really enjoyed it!

Firefly.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home