Thursday, February 22, 2007

Obamafied !


I do admit to certain sharp divertion from my regular genre, so to speak.However,this Obama phenomena has sucked us all into Obamasphere moderated by the media clowns.I cant seem to escape,though not surprising,this sudden act of obamification.So much so it interferes with my "The Wire" re-run,and I am not having it.But then none obligated me to follow and had to re-alocate my attention elsewhere.That was my initial commitment and it proved harder, in the weeks and days that followed I found myself more immersed. All the while, rest of my dailies were slowly being relegated to the backburner."Hardball" took front and center.
I am not certainly swayed by this brother's charm,eloquence or political tact(if he has any).But rather drawn by his melanin.You could call me simple or even racist,maybe a sentimentalist in this regard.Trait widely abundant amongst people of colour before and during election cycle.
Though my reasoning raw and simplistic, I largely blame it on this complex society we dwell within.With no candidate to offer blacks any practical exit plan out of their plight, we've been deemed to rely on sentiments.Black folks liked Bill because they drew close similarity,pure sentiment.We adore Bill for his appearance at the Arsenio Hall show and his saxophone skills and not so much because he advanced policies that empowered black folks.Mr. O on the other hand is blackman that has not exhibited any soul.Remains to be seen how well he'll be received at black pulpits.
Sentiments and race drive this political race to presidency.And the greatest irony is that Mr. Obama is running on a platform that claims to transcend all of the above, knowing that sentiment and not sensibility is his greatest ally.My only fear that he will distance himself too much from mainstream black america which inturn might pave the way for his downfall.
What is he really banking on ?


-Che Cirro

3 Comments:

Blogger TheAdvocates said...

Lol, I am not sure whether I am Obamafied or not but I sure like the editing of the picture..lol. To many Americans, this could be the image of him.

1:59 PM  
Blogger CHE' said...

Obama sounds too much like Osama.And this is being exploited more by Dems than the GOP.

9:32 PM  
Blogger alibaasha said...

Che, i have yet to be obamafied myself. In fact, I fear we have another Ralph Nader: Unelectable who might only harm the electable candidates, not to mention that his foreign policy stance has been disastrous thus far. what do think of Hillary or the hillafied?

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home